Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kentucky Derby

One tradition I was introduced to when I joined the Drum family was the importance of the yearly Kentucky Derby.  I have to say it's probably one of my favorite sports because it goes by SO very quickly!!  There is definitely no getting bored!  H's parents used to host the watching of the Derby at their house and now it is important to H that we host it at ours.  So this year we hosted it for the second time at our house.  (Well, actually last year we hosted it at our old house that we were renting but this year we got to host it at OUR own house that WE actually own and love!!)  We had a few friends and family members over and had a fun, relaxing time on such a beautiful spring day.  The guys played some horseshoes in our backyard horseshoe pits, while the girls mostly sat around and chatted.  Each person throws in ten dollars and draws a horse's number out of a hat.  The person with the number of the horse that wins gets to keep all the money ($200!)  This year WE actually won!!!  So exciting!!

I took more pics than this of more people that were there, events from the day, etc.. but these two were my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment