Friday, August 6, 2010

Will I go into labor on Labor Day?

Today is August 6th.  I am due on September 6th.  My due date is exactly one month from today.  September 6th is Labor Day.  Although the chances of delivering on your due date is less than 5%, I have to wonder...Will I go into labor on Labor Day?


My doctor, however, will let you go up to two weeks past your due date (unless there are health concerns, the baby weighs more than 10 pounds, etc...)  But I don't really want to think about any of that!

I do wonder....in one month from today will Mollee actually be here already?  If so, I will be oh so happy!  Or will she still be in my belly?  Which then, I will probably be NOT so happy!!  Everyone should probably plan on just staying as far away from me as possible if the latter is true.

But when she does finally decide to make her big entrance, I must wonder...

Will labor be easier than anticipated?  Or will it be harder than I ever imagined?

(Side note:  Today I spoke with a girl who delivered 9 days after her due date, labored for 12 hours, and then ended up having a c-section.....I then said, "Please don't tell me that.  Cause I'm sure that's going to be me, too!")

Will all the information and advice (both solicited and unsolicited) we have received from books, friends, family, strangers, email updates, classes, etc... be useful?  Or will it all have gone out the window as we make do with our instincts? 

Will we have everything we need?  Or will we realize that we have more than we need?  Or will we realize that we are missing so many things we never even thought of?

Will I be nursing with ease?  Or will it be even harder than everyone claims it is?

Will she cry all the time?  Or will she hardly cry at all?

Will she sleep all the time?  Or will she hardly sleep at all?  Will she have her days and nights mixed up?

Hard to believe that in a month (give or take) all of these questions will be answered!!

All I do know is, we are all waiting for THIS little girl to finally arrive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment