Monday, August 9, 2010

Cheerio!!!

Updates from today's (weekly) doctor's appointment:  I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  What does that mean exactly?  I don't really know.  But maybe this diagram will help us understand...
In reality, my doctor says it doesn't really mean much.  She could come tomorrow.  She could come in 4 weeks.  Tick........tock.......tick.......tock.....

I gave her MY medical opinion.  Which was that we should go ahead and schedule an induction for two weeks from now (when I will be 38 weeks, before school starts, after my last baby shower, etc...)  She didn't really go for my medical opinion.  She thought I was being funny.  I told her that I was being serious. 

I also asked for a final ultrasound (since I haven't had a medical ultrasound in over two months when they got her approximate measurements and she was measuring a little big at the time.)  She didn't really agree with my medical opinion on that either.  She said I had no medical reason for another ultrasound.  I tried to explain to my doctor that Mollee was probably running out of room in there and we needed to do another ultrasound to make sure.  Again, she didn't agree with my medical opinion.  She told me I should stick to the teaching. She just thought I was SOOOOO funny.  I really wasn't trying to be funny at all.

Although I am very thankful for not having a reason to induce and not having a reason for another ultrasound....I must admit that I am getting anxious, impatient, etc....  Just ready for our girl to be here already!!!!

During the internal exam (to see how/if I was dilated) she also said she was able to feel Mollee's head!  She also said she has "dropped" which should relieve some breathing difficulties (minus the feet that get stuck under my ribs of course.) 

I mean, really....Can this 36 week belly actually get ANY bigger?  (Don't answer that, please.)
Here's another diagram I found.  We are officially a cheerio!!  Come on, bagel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment