Monday, August 16, 2010

Apparently I'm a Comedian to the Nurse

37 weeks pregnant today...and couldn't be more ready to be done.  Until tomorrow of course...when I will be even more ready than today.

Things that have made me cry lately:
(Apparently those beginning-of-pregnancy hormones have decided to come back.)

1.  My friend showed me a book that has a recording inside it of her 3 month old son's daddy reading it for him.  (Daddy currently doesn't live here as he is off playing professional baseball.) 

2.  Reading that Mollee is officially the size of a watermelon today.  I can't believe we have actually made it to this milestone.  I can't believe I have a (baby the size of a) watermelon inside of me.  It amazes me that she's gone from the size of a sesame seed to a watermelon.

(Side note:  To celebrate, I ate some watermelon today.)

3.  Leaving my doctor's office only to hear that I am still only 1 cm dilated and still only 50% effaced....just as I was a week ago.

(Even with all the stories heard over the last week of people I know being ___ cm dilated and/or ____ % effaced for ____ amount of time...I still managed to get my hopes up that SOME progression had been made.  So woe is me.)

This is a brief synopsis of how my doctor's visit went today:

nurse:  Your blood pressure is a little high today.
me:  Does that mean I get an ultrasound and/or an induction on Wednesday?  I have one last baby shower tomorrow, so it kinda needs to be after that.
nurse:  hahahahahahahahahahah  (laughing hystericaly)
me:  I know you think I'm funny.  But I'm not really joking.
nurse:  Heartbeat sounds great.  Sounds like you are still REAL comfortable in there, baby!
me:  Don't tell her that!  She's ready to come out!  She's NOT real comfortable in there!
nurse:  hahahahahahaha

(Nurse exits room.  Doctor enters room.)
doctor:  How are you feeling??!!
me:  Ready to deliver.
doctor:  Well, let's see if anything has changed since last week.  Nope.  Still just 1 cm.  Still 50%.
me:  Seriously???!!!  Ok, well, since my blood pressure is a little high, can I at least get an ultrasound?
doctor:  No.  You're blood pressure is fine.
me:  But the nurse said it was a little high.
doctor:  Let me check.  Nope.  Seems fine to me.  You are the picture of a perfect, healthy pregnancy!
me:  I started back to work today.  We had meetings all day.  I sat all day.  With my feet propped up.  Why am I still so swollen?  Do I need to stand more?  What do I need to do?
doctor:  There's really nothing you can do.  Not too much longer now.  Hang in there!  I know you don't believe me now, but you WILL miss being pregnant.  I promise.  Ok, well, I gotta go....They just called me to go do a delivery.
me:  That's just great.  Good for them!!!
(on my way out)
nurse:  Well, how did it go?
me:  I don't want to talk about it!!!
nurse:  hahahahahahahaha

So glad I can thoroughly entertain these people. 

On another note, we have been trying to figure out what color Mollee's eyes might be.  I have hazel eyes that go back and forth between bluish/grayish/greenish.  H has blue eyes.
  Since hazel isn't exactly an option on the chart...the prediction is one of the two bottom rows.  Looks like she definitely won't be a brown-eyed girl!

Speaking of predictions...We have a "Drum Delivery Pool" going on at work.  People give a dollar to the pool and they write their name on a date on the calendar between now and two weeks after the suggested due date.  Whoever gets the birth date correct wins all the money!  I wonder who will be correct??!!!  Hopefully me...who has managed to somehow chose the earliest date over everyone else.....

2 comments:

  1. First off let me say you crack me up! I know you’re miserable & want Mollee to get OUT but your posts make me laugh.
    And just because I want to throw a guess out there…I say Sep 4th.

    ReplyDelete