Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The end is near!!!

I am 35 weeks along this week and feeling...

Some LOVELY sharp-shooting pain that will bring you to your knees where the top of the thigh meets the bottom of the pelvis.  Apparently this is known as "pelvic joint pain" and apparently you receive this gift at the end of your pregnancy as your body is preparing for labor.  It's not all the time, but when it hits...OH MY GOODNESS!!!

When I'm walking around for an extended period of time (shopping, etc...) it feels fabulous if I hold my belly (interlocking fingers underneath.)  I guess it takes the weight off that gravity is pulling down?...People seeing this in public probably think I'm crazy.  Ask me if I really care.

I am now going to my doctor once a week.  She is checking to see if I am dilated, monitoring progression, along with some other fun end-of-pregnancy things.  It blows my mind that Mollee is (supposedly) 5 1/2-6 pounds (give or take) already this week and that she is supposed to gain 1/2 pound each week from here on out.  My doctor's office assures me that no, she is NOT suffocating in there and yes, my body will make room for her to keep growing if need be.  I don't agree with them, but I guess I will let them be the experts on that.  Just this time...

This book is great.  It was recommended by my pediatrician's office, as well as my OB.  If you are thinking of becoming pregnant, or you are pregnant, or have an infant...I highly recommend it.

I have one last baby shower.  It's at my school with the teachers.  It's in about two weeks when I will be 37 weeks along.  Let's just hope I don't deliver before then.  There is a backup plan, however.  If I happen to deliver before then, they will reschedule it for when I'm on my maternity leave.

I still haven't packed my hospital bag.  That's on the to-do list.  It's kind of a superstitious thing where I think "if I DO pack it, I will NEVER go into labor...but if I DON'T pack it, I will go into labor." I did, however, buy a cute nightgown to wear in the hospital....per the advice of my nurse.  She said you won't want to wear that ugly gown they give you the entire time you are there.  She also said not to get/bring pajama pants or pajama shorts....which is all I own.  So I went out and bought the kind that looks like a dress.  I don't think I have had one of those since I was about 9 years old.  Do you know how hard it is to find one that doesn't look like THIS..
yet, doesn't look like THIS either?

Last week, we FINALLY completed ALL of our classes (child birthing, infant care, breastfeeding, and the hospital tour) to prepare for Mollee.  Hopefully we learned SOMETHING after all that time spent!  I enjoyed talking with other first-time soon-to-be moms about concerns, feelings, etc....  It made me feel some-what normal.  H's swaddle practice and diaper changing were both a little loose on the baby doll during the infant care class.

Luckily, he got a re-do so the blanket and diaper didn't fall off.  I'm sure you could imagine the look of horror on my face when the nurse said to treat the baby doll as if it were real as he handed it to her by it's head.  It was GREAT!!!!  I am, however, ever so grateful that I have such a wonderful husband that endured all those hours of "learning" with me in the classes.

So as we finally see the end of this pregnancy journey coming closer and closer each day, I have to ask myself....has it been so bad after all?  Will I do it all over again to create some siblings for Mollee?  (within the next few years or so as planned...)  And the answer is, without a doubt, ABSOLUTELY I WOULD.  NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.  (Hopefully that wonderful husband I speak of will be on the same page as me on this as well!)

Again....Ask me that in about two months or so (after delivery is all said and done and we have had an infant in the house for a little while) and see if that answer changes...Hopefully it won't!!

Last but not least, I found this sweet poem and thought I'd share...

"Nine Months"
Author: Unknown
My precious little baby,
I have loved you from the start.
You are a tiny miracle
Laying closely to my heart.
Each day I feel your presence,
Each day you quickly grow,
Each day your heart beats softly,
As only I could know.
So, I'll keep this in a special place
And remember each year through,
Of this special time in my life
In the months I carried you.

No comments:

Post a Comment