Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pregnancy Rash = NO FUN!

I am in misery.

For about 4 weeks now, I've been dealing with this awful rash.  It started on my scalp.  Then it moved to my chest.  Then it moved to my stomach.  At first, it was mostly red and itchy (with no bumps.)  I went to the dermatologist.  They then put me on prednisone, which is a steroid.  (They called my doctor to make sure it was safe and they said it was fine.)  The unfortunate part is, it didn't work.  I hadn't changed any products when the rash began, but since I have stopped taking hot showers and have switched to all sensitive-skin products.  I've stopped using perfume.  I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun and nothing seems to work.  Then my doctor decided it's just a "pregnancy rash" due to hormones and/or stretching skin and basically I would just have to deal with it.  It became more bearable and I was learning to "just deal with it."  But then all of a sudden this past Friday, I woke up with these red little bumps all over my stomach, inside my belly button, and making their way down my thighs.  Now the itching is worse than ever before.  All I want is something to help me deal with the discomfort!  Alas, I will call my doctor (yet again) and/or dermatologist tomorrow (Monday) as I beg for relief.  Perhaps a second opinion is needed.  Who knows.  I literally have tried the following:





I just REALLY don't want it to end up like this:

Cause THAT looks REALLY painful!!!

2 comments:

  1. don't google pics while you are pregnant, they will just make your crazy!

    ReplyDelete