Monday, April 19, 2010

Halfway done!!

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant.  I'm offically halfway done with this pregnancy.  I can't believe it!  Sometimes, it feels like it's gone by so slow (like when you factor in that we found out when I was only 3 weeks along!)  But other times, I think about the fact that I am almost in my sixth month of pregnancy, and it seems like it's gone by more quickly.  All in all, I'd have to say it hasn't been bad at all.  Thank goodness for none of that dreded morning sickness in the first trimester (or beyond)...just lots of first trimester anxiety.  Most of that has subsided though.  My biggest complaint would have to be that awful pregnancy rash...which stays at bay as long as I stay on the perscribed antihistamine medicine.  But at this point, I'd do it all over again...and plan on doing so!!  I say "at this point" because I haven't been through the last trimester yet, nor delivery, nor those first difficult months with a new infant that we have heard all about.  So again I say, I may be singing a different tune come a year or so from now!

I am proud of the fact that (up to this point) in my pregnancy I still have yet to have any caffiene.  Well, almost.  I must admit that I had 2 or 3 sips of a Dr. Pepper on the way to the ultrasound at Clearview where we were finding out boy or girl.  I heard that's what you should do to get the baby moving.  Come to find out, something sugary like candy would have done the job.  Needless to say, she did move alot for us...so I'll say it was worth it and was a great idea.  Poor Mollee probably didn't know what to do with that first taste of caffiene!
  We are also very blessed to have so many loving family members and friends in our lives that will just randomly buy clothes and other things for little miss Mollee..  That girl almost already has more clothes than I do!  I'm trying to do my best to control my shopping habbit and try not to buy EVERYTHING in sight that I want for her and her nursery.  It's quite the challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment