Monday, March 22, 2010

We get to find out BOY OR GIRL even sooner!!

Over the weekend, I bought a fetal heart rate monitor.  Before I could get in the door, H had it opened, with the headphones on as he looked for a battery to put in it.  He was REALLY excited about the "new toy" I brought home.  I can only imagine how much fun he is going to have once we start filling the house with all the baby stuff that can be imagined.  I have a feeling that the video monitor is going to be a favorite of his!  By the way, apparently you aren't supposed to use the fetal heart rate monitor until you are in your 3rd trimester when the baby is much bigger.  Of course, I still tried.  But heard nothing.  It was kinda disappointing.  But I'm going to keep trying!!


Today I had a "monthly" doctor's appointment.  I am 16 weeks along.  Baby Drum had a heartbeat of 160 bpm again.  I asked the nurse whether that meant boy or girl.  She said that according to "old wives tales"....that meant GIRL.   I'm saying "I" instead of "we" this time because I had to go to the doctor's appointment (for the first time since becoming pregnant) sans husband.  There was just NO WAY he could get off work this time to go.  I was sad about it at first, but since there wasn't going to be an ultrasound, I was a little more okay with him missing it.  It actually worked out better cause it gave me more of a chance to do all the visiting I like to do and ask all the questions I wanted to ask without him having to sit through all of that.  But I DEFINATELY don't want him missing any more!  I LOVE having him and his support there!!

 Which brings me to my next (EXCITING) news: 

I asked my doctor if she would sign off for me to go to Clearview Ultrasound (CLICK HERE!!) and she said YES!!  So exciting!  So now we will find out whether Baby Drum is a he or a she next Wednesday, March 31st @ 2:00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment