Is Baby Drum going to be a girl? Is Baby Drum going to be a boy? That is the big question around here these days! Well, let me be honest. H wants a boy. It kinda worried me at first...with thoughts like, "What if it's a girl?...Will he still love her the same?..." But then I came to realize, EVERY guy wants a boy. And if they aren't admiting that to their wife, then they aren't REALLY being honest with them! (Sorry, ladies! But it's the truth!) It doesn't mean they don't/won't love them if it's all pink and no blue around the house, though. From what has been explained to me...it's that men feel that boys are just "easier." The thought of a girl "becoming a woman" (and we all know what that means) someday, dating boys, developing hormones, etc... can scare a guy! Quite frankly, it kinda scares me, too! If you were a normal, well behaved, easy going pre-teen/teenager...then you may not understand this at all! But...if you were the OPPOSITE of all that (just as I was)...then you would completely understand why that can be a little scary to anticipate! Either way, we honestly just want a happy, healthy Baby Drum...so we are going to love him or her no matter what! And either way, I want more than one child and I want both boys and girls....so either pink or blue is great! (You can only imagine how THRILLED H is that I'm pregnant and already talking about having more!) Pink or blue? Blue or pink? Pink or blue? Blue or pink? We will FINALLY get to find out on April 15th! (In the mean time, take the poll over there to your right and vote for what YOU think Baby Drum is going to be!)
And now onto my next topic: THE NAME GAME!! Another big topic of conversation around here. Who would have ever thought that such a topic could stress me out and bring me to so many tears? (Don't answer that.) And when you hear H's HONEST name picks, you will know that I'm NOT just being a crazy, pregnant, hormonal woman. First, let me start with the name for a girl. My grandma will be turning 90 years old in May this year. I consider myself very close to her. Her name is Mollie. My middle name is Lee. H's favorite baseball player of all time is Ryne Sandberg. Thus, I give you the name: Mollee Ryne Drum if it's a girl. That has NOT been a topic of arguement. The boy name, on the other hand, is a bit of a different story. First, let me start with some of my ideas: Gavin, Jaxon, Hunter, Ian, Logan, Luke, Dylan, Owen, Aiden, Ethan, Liam, Eli, Hayden. Now, I give you his names (aka names that have ACTUALLY brought me to ACTUAL tears.) By the way, I'm not meaning to offend anyone who likes these names, has a child or knows a child with these names...The names just aren't fitting for me. Ready? Here you go: Nigel, Virgil, Bud, Dallas, Nolan, and wait for it......wait for it.......saving the best for last...........BRONCO!!! Yes, this is NOT a joke! Don't laugh! No really, stop laughing. This is serious!! So after some long talks and understandings, he decides that he ACTUALLY likes one of my names. Hunter. Which ends up bringing me to (even more) tears once I start putting it together: Hunter Hiram Drum. No! That sounds awful! Too many H's in the name! So basically, he can't win. Not with his names. Not with my names, either. (What?! Who ever said a pregnant woman was easy to ration with??!!) So then, he decides he kinda likes Gavin and Jaxon. But he DOES NOT like the way I want to spell Jaxon. With an X. So we tested out the names: Gavin Hiram Drum or Jackson Hiram Drum. Gavin Drum. Jackson Drum. GHD. JHD. Hmmmmm....We both agreed that Jackson Drum sounded best. (But we also agreed that it's not set in stone like the girl name and if another name comes up that we both love more then we would go back to the drawing board.) But for now (to relieve some of my "If we have a boy he won't have a name!" stress)...I give you our boy name: Jackson Hiram Drum. Now, let's see what we find out on April 15th!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are so funny. My husband & I could NOT ever agree on a name. It took forever!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I'm not laughing at you either...I amlaughing with you of course!! ;) Brandon and I went through the same thing with Kadon. It was a battle like no other. And not that my opinion matters, but your names are sooooo much cuter than his LOL I mean really...Nigel?!? LOL Good luck......Baby's name will be perfect when yall figure it out!
ReplyDelete