I can't believe our sweet baby girl is already 2 months old. Where has the time gone?!
Everyday (despite the challenges on some days) I'm feeling more and more comfortable with this whole "parenthood" thing as we learn while she continues to grow...(which, by the way...I wish she would just stay little and quit growing and getting older! Is that too much to ask??!!)
We were encouraged by our pediatrician (and the "experts" who write the books on everything you need to know about babies) to start putting her in her bed BEFORE she falls asleep rather than after. After much debate on this and talking with other parenting friends and hearing their take on the matter, we have decided to go against what the "experts" and the doc say at this time. We feel like she is just still too young to "cry it out." But maybe at 3 or 4 months of age we will try again. Our take on it is: She is only this little for a short time. She's not always going to want to be held or rocked or cuddled. (Ask any parent who's babies aren't babies anymore!) So while she DOES want to be loved on, it's worth some lost sleep time in my book! (She's sleeping through the night...so until she quits doing that..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!")
In less than 2 weeks I have to go back to work after being on maternity leave. I am very sad about this...I wish I could spend every day with our sweet princess instead. But knowing that I must go back, I will cherish the rest of my maternity leave with her and cherish my evenings and weekends and holidays with her once I am back at work. I am already looking forward to a summer of fun with her in just 7 months that will hopefully go by quickly! I mean, just look at that face...How could you NOT want to spend as much time with that sweet baby as you can??!!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment