Friday, February 19, 2010

A Summer of Weddings!!

Last summer we attended zero weddings.  This summer we will be attending at least five six weddings (so far.)  One of those wonderful weddings I am lucky enough to get to be a bridesmaid in.  When I am seven months pregnant.  In July.  Enough said.  But THANK GOODNESS the bride is super laid back and understanding and cool and didn't freak out when I told her that the bridesmaid dress that she picked out for all the bridesmaids would not work with a giant belly.  The dress is of the shorter style and as the belly goes outward, the dress goes upward.....and, well, you get the idea.  Under non-pregnant circumstances, the dress would be REALLY cute....I just LOVE the idea of the pockets and the not-so-tight tummy area.  See for yourself.  (Just picture it in cornflower blue.)
So I had to find me a dress that was a close as possible to what theirs looked like, had more "give" as I get bigger in different areas, and was long enough to be altered to a more pregnant-appropriate length (as in NOT mid-thigh.)  This is what I went with.  (Again, picture cornflower blue.)

Very very very very excited about our upcoming summer of weddings, but is it wrong to wish a tiny bit that they WEREN'T during the exact same summer that I am going to be my fattest???!!!  I sure hope not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment