And that is EXACTLY what I will do..... Lots of play dates, storytimes at the library, pool time, naps, snocones, day trips, family time, and trying to stay cool! Summertime=my FAVORITE time of year that goes by WAY. TOO. QUICK.
Anyway, I'll try to re-cap what's been going on around here as best I can...
We celebrated my 2nd Mother's Day. "Mollee" got me a gift card for a massage! We also got to spend some time with both of our own mothers! This little angel makes me the happiest mother on Mother's Day and EVERY DAY!!
She adores the animals in the petting zoo......especially the bunnies!
Pretty sure her FAVORITE part of the entire thing was getting to ride a SCHOOL BUS for the first time. She was SO EXCITED!!!
We celebrated Leah's 4th birthday at the park. A good time was had by all! Here's Leah watching the children's singer at the party.
We also celebrated Vivica's birthday. Gotta love a pool party! (Which of course we will be having again for Mollee this year!)
We took Mollee to the zoo for the first time. She talked about it for DAYS afterwards. Note to self: Pay attention to the train departure times upon arrival. She was DONE and ready to leave and the next train wasn't boarding for 45 min. Needless to say, there was no train ride for the Drum family that day! The Austin Zoo is absolutely PERFECT for her age....Not too big and all the animals were there that we wanted to see (monkeys, a bear, tigers, lions, etc...)
We bought a trampoline (for only $30!!!....STEAL!!!!) from our neighbors. Mollee LOVES to jump!
We celebrated Mollee's future husband, Cullen, turning the big 2. Mollee and Cullen LOVE LOVE LOVE eachother. He's busy traveling most of the summer and we are VERY sad! :(
We celebrated Miss Gracen turning 4 at a fabulous princess-themed birthday party. There was even a "real" Rapunzel there!! The kids LOVED her! And this is where I discoverd that in fact, my kid DOES eat a cupcake this way....with no hands. (She had done the same thing at Cullen's birthday party the day before.) Very bizarre....
We had a fun play date at a pool in Cedar Park with sweet London. This pool was fun and VERY kid-friendly!
The 3 birthday buddies got together for a play date. They are SO CUTE every time we get together! Hopefully we will see much more of them this summer! (Did I mention that another reason I LOVE summertime is because I get to spend more time with all my stay-at-home mommy friends??!!) :)
We said goodbye to Kim who is moving to Ft. Worth. :( VERY SAD...... She was my mentor my first two years of teaching (back when I taught kinder ) and I learned SO MUCH from that fab teacher. We became good friends and have shared MANY fun times together over the last 7 years. I'm going to miss her dearly!
We hosted a Diaper Shower for our friends, Cade and Elyse. We cannot WAIT for that baby boy to arrive!!!
And in between all of this busy, craziness we have spent lots of sun-screened time at our neighborhood pool. Miss Thang LOVES the pool. We get to play/visit with lots of neighborhood friends when we go and she is now jumping in the water to me after counting to 3, kicking in the water, and blowing bubbles!
Like I said, things have been busy....and we are hoping to continue to have a FANTASTIC, FUN, RELAXING summer!
And last but not least..........The hubby and I will be going to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico (outside of Cancun) in July. We are SO EXCITED!!! Why are we going, you ask????!!!! Well, many reasons: We haven't been on a "real" vacation since our honeymoon 4 years ago, we haven't been on a "real" date since she's been born, I haven't spent 1 night w/out her since she's been born, we will be there on my 31st birthday, and this year he turns the big 3-0!!! (.......Which of course falls after football is back in full-swing!) So........WHY NOT???!!!!!
This is the gem that we will be staying at!!!! How beautiful is THAT???!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment