Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day Magnolia Tree

A year ago (last Mother's Day) when I was pregnant, I began telling my husband that I wanted a magnolia tree for my first mother's day.  When I was a kid, I used to climb the magnolia tree next door to my grandma's house.  It was the BEST tree for tree-climbing.  So of course, my wonderful husband didn't disappoint and granted me my wish!!
 Not quite ready for tree-climbers yet, but someday it will hopefully be.  And hopefully look something like this:
Another reason I love this particular tree is because it produces these big, beautiful white flowers that you can cut off and place in a bowl of water in your house.  It makes your house smell amazing!
 
Thank goodness my husband has the green thumb.  I, however, can kill even an ivy.  Matter of fact, I bought this aloe vera plant at CVS Pharmacy one time when I ran in to get something.  It was $3 or so and was no bigger than your hand.  Check it out now!!
This little babe also made my first Mother's Day fantastic.  
 What a blessing it is to be her mommy!

1 comment: