Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Little Angel

Our beautiful baby girl, Mollee Ryne Drum
It truly was love at first sight!!!
This was soon after delivery.
Mollie Belle Crane (age 90) and her great granddaughter, Mollee Ryne Drum

4 generations of girls (great grandmother, mother, daughter, and grandmother)




My, oh my how our lives have completely changed.  

For the better, that is.  

When I was a growing up, I pictured my life someday married to my prince charming, with kids of our own together, in our own home, with some dogs as our pets....

All of my dreams have officially come true.

My prince charming (aka my wonderful husband) has made me fall in love with him all over again now that I see what a wonderful father he truly is to our baby.  There is no place she would rather be than in her daddy's arms.  And I truly LOVE that.  
He is great about changing diapers (both easy and hard diapers!), he comforts her when she isn't happy, and he amazes me each and every day with how much love he has for our new little family of 3.

My water broke on its own.  I didn't have to get induced. My delivery was easy and pretty quick (minus the hellish pain of the contractions up until I FINALLY was able to get the epidural...only because my contractions brought on quick labor as I dilated from a 3 cm to a 5 cm just in a matter of hours...and kept dilating by the minute in full force once we got to the hospital Friday night.)  I only pushed for maybe an hour at the most.   

This little girl of ours has been in our lives for almost a week now.  (Tomorrow is her week old birthday!)  I never knew I could love someone so quickly and immensely until she came along.  Everything about her is perfect.  All of her features, her smile, her touch, and her sweetness.  

Although I cannot wait to see what kind of personality she grows into...(Will she be laid back like her daddy?...Or will she be the opposite like her mommy?  Or will she be a mixture of both?)  I must say, I don't want her to keep growing.  I want to stay still in this moment of our lives forever...with her so young and innocent and precious...and with us home with her all day and night, getting to be with her.

And speaking of laid back like daddy and not-so-much laid back like mommy....the only time in our lives I have EVER seen this role reversed is when it comes to her.  Daddy is more protective over her than I could have ever been prepared for.  And I am the more laid back one.  He doesn't like it when a lot of people hold her, he gets pretty upset with the dogs and their sudden urge to bark all over again now that she's here...(them being protective, too of her I guess.)  He constantly checks on her and wants me to constantly check on her.  I'm glad he's the one playing that role, though and not me...it would stress me out if it were me.  

Which brings me to my next point:  She was created PERFECTLY for us.  She didn't even cry when she came out.  She is easily consolable (most of the time.)  She latched on quickly and nurses with ease.  She sleeps right through loud background noise, dogs barking, lights on, etc...I couldn't have picked out a better baby for us.  

I look at her and I think:  Wow.  We did this together.  We created her.  She's all ours.  We are so blessed and I am so thankful.

Speaking of thankful:  The love that has come from our family and friends for her is completely overwhelming.  She was so loved by all before she was born and now that she is actually here, she is more loved by all than I could have ever imagined.  We are beyond words thankful and grateful.    

Yesterday I ventured out to Target as baby girl and baby daddy stayed home.  You could say it was the quickest trip to Target anyone has probably ever made.  It was pretty difficult leaving her for the first time since birthing her.  I called my poor husband like 2 or 3 times to make sure she was ok...not that I didn't trust him, but since I am her only source of food at this point (I haven't started pumping yet.), I was terrified she would wake up hungry.  When I returned home, she was still sound asleep on her daddy's chest and hadn't moved an inch.  I was so happy!

I am so thankful for our little Mollee.  She is truly a precious gift from God.







  


2 comments:

  1. awe, so sweet! it's amazing how much they change your life! sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete