A few years ago, my husband and I decided rather than giving each other presents on holidays where you traditionally would give each other presents, we would go out on a date instead....dinner, a movie, whatever. But now we unfortunately have limited time together...due to his busy coaching schedule. Baseball season is in full swing and he is super busy. The short amount of free time he DOES have (basically Sundays only) we would rather spend the day as a family...as in, with Mollee. That being said, no Valentines Day date for us this year. :( Matter of fact, he is at a baseball game RIGHT NOW as I type on this lovely Valentines night and probably won't be home until after I am already in bed. But I still thankfully had the most simple, best Valentines Day today.
My sweet hubby surprised me by showing up to my school with these sweet things:
 |
| some delish chocolate covered strawberries |
 |
| a dozen beautiful roses |
 |
and a sweet card
|
We even got to eat lunch together...just the two of us in my quiet classroom.
Valentines was topped off with dinner with my friend, Kim and our kids at the lovely
Which is absolutely not my FAVORITE place, but it's slim pickins when it comes to eating establishments where a 1 1/2 yr old can be happy running around the playscape!
All in all, it was a great Valentines Day! So thankful for all the loved ones in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment