Thursday, November 17, 2011

new camera

I had made the mistake of putting it up on the top of the couch and a cute little almost 15 month old named Mollee Drum pulled that oh-so-tempting strap and CRASH! goes the camera onto the hard wood floor.  The lens wouldn't stay on after that.  Thank goodness for protection plans!  My camera had been in the shop for over 2 weeks now.  I felt kinda empty without it!  They called me yesterday to tell me that the camera wasn't fixable and that I needed to come into the store and pick out a new one!  I must admit, I wasn't super sad about this.  I could have picked out the same exact camera that I already had.  But I didn't like that it didn't have a video camera (which has been REALLY needed since Mollee is doing cute, new things every day!)  I also wasn't crazy about its size.  SLRs are very bulky.  And I didn't really see the point of having a fancy SLR when I never planned on changing out the lens.  So now I am the proud owner of a high-end PNS rather than a low-end SLR.  And now I can take videos!!!  It's still somewhat bulky....but I can deal with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment