Tomorrow Mollee will have her first taste of formula. I'm just not able to exclusively provide breast milk for her anymore with how much she is eating compared to how much I am able to pump. Up until now, I have been pumping in the middle of the night, during my lunch break at work, and sometimes during my conference time and/or after work. But that girl loves to eat and eat a lot! (At nearly 5 months old she's eating 6-7 oz. every 2 hours!) The plan is for her to still be nursed in the morning and at night. At first I was unhappy about this new change taking place...I had planned for her to never have formula...(Just as a personal preference thing.) Then, after doing some research and talking with some good friends who nursed for extensive periods of time (4 months plus)...I'm dealing with it a little better. But for some reason I'm just not "pumped" (No pun intended!) about the whole switch-a-roo. So think about us tomorrow as Mollee has her first taste of formula (and hopefully enjoys it) and I try not to be too sad about it. It probably sounds crazy, I know.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Don't beat yourself up. When the decisions we make are made with what is best for our family in mind, we can't go wrong. I hope the transition to some formula went okay. :)
ReplyDeleteAllena is right. You have to make the choices that are right for you and your baby girl. Nothing else matters. Part of the beauty of being a parent is each of does it in our own way. Good luck =)
ReplyDelete